• Features of malignancy: frank invasion, solid hypoechoic mass, ill-defined margin, micro-lobulated margin, microcalcifications, taller than wide.
• In benign nodules, look for a complete hypoechoic halo (incomplete halo could be malignant), peripheral vascularity.
• Cystic nodules are usually benign (Note: 20% of papillary cancers are cystic).
• Comet-tail artefact is seen in colloidal cysts (benign).
- For Radiology Cases, Discussion join: Radiology Made Easy on Facebook
- Subscribe to our youtube channel for FRCR radiology case discussion
- Join our Telegram group: Radiology Made Easy