Atypical pneumonia caused by a coronavirus. The imaging features are non-specific and indicative of diffuse alveolar damage. About 20% require intensive therapy unit (ITU) treatment; overall mortality about 10%.
• May be normal initially, progressing to airspace opacification.
• Ground-glass opacification/consolidation initially affecting the lower zones (commonly bilateral), then becoming widespread in severe cases.
- For Radiology Cases, Discussion join: Radiology Made Easy on Facebook
- Subscribe to our youtube channel for FRCR radiology case discussion
- Join our Telegram group: Radiology Made Easy